Press Conference by Shri Kalraj Mishra, the Union Minister for MSME to interact with media about the initiatives and achievement of his Ministry, highlights are mentioned below
- Interactive interfaces on Facebook and Twitter. 70% of the followers in Facebook are in the 18 to 34 age group.
- Udyami Helpline has been set up (Toll Free 1800-180-6763)
Interaction with stakeholders:
- with over 80 industry associations July 2014
- National Conference of Ministers and Secretaries of all States and UTs August 2014.
- Interaction with Khadi stakeholders for structure of Marketing Organisation June 2014 and July 2014 for Implementation of Khadi reforms to make the Khadi sector competitive and sustainable
- Virtual Cluster (www.msmsecluster.in) for Industry-Academia Linkages. So far 86 Domain experts, 125 academic institutions and 18,341 MSME enterprises have registered onto the platform.
- Employment Facilitation Portal (www.niesbudnaukri.com) set up by NIESBUD was launched by the Minister ( MSME) on 11th July, 2014. So far 10134 youth seeking jobs and 179 employers have been registered.
- National Portal for online filing of EM-I and EM-II prepared. States are being encouraged to adopt National Portal and share the database for decision support system
- B2C web portal of NSIC was launched by the Minister (MSME) on 31st July, 2014. This portal will market MSME products exclusively to boost export, help manufacturing and supply of machines etc.
- e-Office initiative has been introduced to achieve paperless office in the Ministry.
- ISO 9001: 2008 quality standards for the entire Ministry – certification is expected in 4-6 weeks.
- Bio-metric Attendance System for all employees of the Ministry was started w.e.f. 20th August, 2014.
Revamping of SFURTI: Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) notified to be taken up in 71 village Industry Clusters
A special component under Khadi Reforms Development Programme to support 100 Khadi And Village Institutions in the Border, Hill and Left Wing Extremism affected areas has been sanctioned at a cost of Rs.76 crore.
Revamped Scheme for Rejuvenation, Modernisation and Technology Upgradation of coir industry (REMOT): with credit linked entrepreneurship promotion for Coir Sector
Software for Online Registration of MSMEs with DICs
Employment Linked Skill Enhancement Programme on PPP Basis (with Samsung)
Significantly improved when compared to the previous years
- Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP): the number of applications processed has almost doubled and disbursement have also increased considerably.
- Programmes for training, capacity building and entrepreneurship development have been given a fillip and about 1,24,000 youth have been trained.
- Seven schemes have been simplified with the introduction of online submission of application forms. We hope to continue with these efforts in the coming months.